In true slacking-blogger style, I didn’t get round to showing you the previous month’s GlossyBox‘s. So today, before I can reveal the Limited Edition Christmas Box in a few days time, I thought I’d go over October & November’s boxes and give you a little glimpse of the variation between them for those of you who may still be on the fence about subscribing.
- Dermalogica Makeup Bag – The perfect size for your handbag.
- Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque – I’ve used this, and my skin felt & looked refreshed afterwards. It did feel a little like I was smearing Lemon Curd on my face though.
- Dermalogica MultiVitamin Thermafoliant – I haven’t used this yet but it’s a skin polisher that combines chemical and physical exfoliants. Looks fancy.
- Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex – I absolutely love this. In fact, I’m trying to use it sparingly as I don’t want it to run out. It’s such a lovely lipbalm, and although for aging lips, it works wonders on dry, chapped lips.
- Leighton Denny Nail Polish in “BabyDoll” – This is the perfect baby pink, and looks so pretty and natural on the nails. I also like the super glossy finish & it dries very quickly.
- Stila Smudge Stick Eyeliner in “Moray” – This eyeliner is a gorgeous olive green. I tend to stay well away from coloured eyeliners, and stick to my blacks and browns, but this is ever so subtle, and it really does stay put, yet it’s creamy enough for easy application. It has teeny tiny gold flecks in it, which make it even more pretty and very metallic-like. This was my favourite item in the GlossyBox for that month & I’m definitely going to look into getting some more colours.
- Robert Piguet Fragrance Samples “Fraca”, “Visa” and “Calypso” – I’m not the biggest fan of perfume samples, but these I absolutely LOVED. My favourite is the Fraca one (the pink). They all smell amazing, and it wasn’t a brand I’d ever heard of previously, and this is why I love the concept of beauty boxes, they introduce to things you’d never normally try or find. I also like to throw these in my handbags to save you having to carry a whole perfume bottle for re-squirts. :)
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Bath Salts – I’m really looking forward to trying these, as I get majorly dry legs in the winter (yes, mostly just my legs get dry…weird huh?) and I also get ingrown hairs on my thighs, which are already starting to irritate me and my skin, so I’m hoping these salts will work wonders on my legs.
- Nail Rock Nail Wraps – I’ve used these before, and I loved them. A little tricky to begin with, but if you get someone to help you, you soon get used to it, and let’s face it, they look fierce.
- Serge Lutens Unisex Fragrances – These intrigued me. I love the idea of unisex perfumes. One smells lovely (the white box – L’Eau Serge Lutens), and the other I’m not so keen on (the black box – Vitriol d’Oeillet), the second is a lot more of a masculine smell, and much more woody. I would seriously condiser buying the first fragrance but the hefty 100ml £86 price tag has put me off a little bit. I’ll have to save that one for a sneaky splurge one rainy day I think.
- Arbonne FC5 Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme – A lot of people said that the strong scent of this put them off. I personally like the scent of this hand cream but then I’m the sort of person who doesn’t do unscented. If i’m making my hands soft, i want them to smell nice too :)
- Monu Recovery Balm – This is a gentle balm to provide relief to all skin types, especially sensitive or stressed. I’ve not used this yet, but I’m looking forward to seeing if it can calm down my spotty T zone.
So that was my quick run down of the past few boxes. I wanted to keep it short and sweet with bitesized information and mini reviews as I’m sure you’ve seen everyone else talking about them and I don’t want to bore you. Is there anything in there that caught your eye? Or if you recieved these boxes too, what has been your favourite item?